Wednesday, June 26, 2013


My Beloved One – Ben Harper

 

We have both been here before
Knockin' upon love's door
Begging for someone to let us in
Knowing this we can agree to keep each other company
Never to go down that road again

My beloved one, my beloved one

Your eyes shine through me
You are so divine to me
Your heart has a home in mine
We won't have to say a word
With a touch all shall be heard
When I search my heart it's you I find

My beloved one, my beloved one, my beloved one

You were meant for me, I believe you were sent to me from a dream straight into
To my arms
Hold your body close to me
You mean the most to me
We will keep each other safe from harm

 

 

 

Many people do not know the story of Radlad. So take a seat and let me spin a yarn for you.

 

Radlad and I were dating when one night I had a coughing fit. I had coughing fits MANY times before but also had a history of bronchitis. So I thought it was just a bronchitis thing, no big deal. The cough was so bad that he made me promise to go to the doctor. And you all know the story from there to the, “Hey Look you have cancer!” portion of it.

 

What you may(or may not know) is that I gave him three opportunities to walk away. I told him I would completely understand if he wanted to walk away. I gave him the gentlemanly way to go away. I gave him three opportunities to take the easy road. I told him I would still be friends with him and call him to let him know how things were going. He could walk away and find someone else who was not going through all this drama (divorce and cancer .. the ultimate relationship killer). I gave him every reason to leave. I did not want the news to get worse and him look like a giant asshole. We were very fresh into our relationship and had already been through some crazy times.

And he stayed.

 

Radlad has been to EVERY chemotherapy appointment. He waits patiently and keeps me calm. I scurry around trying to keep my mind off the fact that I’m about to poison myself, ON PURPOSE for the sake of a longer life. He gets me juice or water when I need it. He helps me get disconnected so I can skate my chemo pole with me to the bathroom. He gets me coffee when I want it. He goes to get fruits and yogurts at the cafeteria in the hospital. He forces me to relax. He protects and saves me from myself. All of this while just at chemo.

 

I tell him, ‘Thank you’ all the time. Sometimes, I just tell him thank you randomly. He always asks, ‘what was that for?’. I always want to tell him, ‘everything’.

 

He is amazing. He is so many things.

I am a very lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment