Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Chemo Girl Goes on Vacation


 

After 4 months of hell,Radlad and Chemo Girl headed out for a mini adventure.

 

We had a few options to choose from.

 

1)      Colorado – Seemed ok. Except the 12 hour car ride there and back. And finding someone to stay with seemed to be harder than we thought. By the time we got a response, it was too late. We had chosen elsewhere

2)      New Jersey – The only bad thing about this was the flight. Since my immune system is so low I would have had to wear a mask in the plane and around the airport. I did not want to risk the chance of infection with the end being so close.

3)      Austin – Was our destination of choice. It was close enough so if I got sick , we could come home. We knew plenty of people to hang out with. AND we had a plethora of stuff to do.

 

So with minimal effort,  I found a decently priced hotel room for the 4th – 7th.

 

We went to the Oasis on the 4th. We sat and watched the sunset and had decent Mexican food. Watched fire works get set off all over Lake Travis. Then we went back to a friend’s house for beers. We decided to end the day around midnight. Headed back to our hotel and slept.

 

We went to the state capital on the 5th. It’s a pretty building. We took a few pictures and lazed around downtown. Went back to rest for a bit, Then headed over to a another friends home for a cookout and chatting.

 

6th we went wandering around downtown. Went shopping. Found some awesome things at a few vintage/thrift stores.  Rested. Went to the local gothy club for an industrial show. Went back to the hotel and slept.

 

7th – woke up and came home. Went to the local diner aka my home

 

 

That’s that I did not like about the vacation:

How tired I was after doing anything

I didn’t get to do half of the things I wanted to do

My internal alarm clock woke me up at 9am – every day

 

 

Things that were good about the vacation:

It’s Austin, so no one looked over twice at the girl with the missing hair.

Resting

Free Breakfast at the hotel – OATMEAL

Discovering new places to eat

It’s only 4 hours away so I can go back.

Hanging out with friends.

Meeting new people.

Not being a cancer patient.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you and Radlad had time to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pallet cleansing recharge. Bravo you for making that happen.

    ReplyDelete